Historical Lisbon Downtown Private Walking Tour
Including Jewish Quarter of Alfama
Half-Day (3h approx – Morning or Afternoon Period)
Private Guided Tour (English Speaking)
FIXED PRICE: 475EUR (up to 6 Guests)
This tour can start at 9AM or 2PM (Reservation Required)
The itinerary will have an approx length of 3km (1.8mi).
Contact our travel experts at +351 21 145 1860
For last-minute bookings for the next 24h (Today or Tomorrow), please click here
Featured on Tripadvisor, Lisbon Guide
Can start at 9AM or 2PM
“Visited everyday by travelers from all over the world
Booked 171 times
icon-checkmark Tours Conducted by Private Guide in Lisbon
icon-checkmark Private Tour Service: Only For You
icon-checkmark Jewish Memorial of Lisbon
icon-checkmark Downtown Lisbon and Rossio Square
icon-checkmark Jewish Quarter of Alfama
icon-checkmark Best ViewPoints of the Lisbon City
icon-checkmark And much more, tailored/adjusted with your private guide!
On this Historical Lisbon Downtown Private Walking Tour + Jewish Quarter (3h), we will visit the major highlights in Lisbon Downtown area, including the old Jewish quarter in Alfama (Judiaria). The Walking Tour will start from Rossio Square, one of the major squares in Lisbon for centuries, and we will learn the history behind the Portuguese Inquisition, the famous Palace of Estaus and the Jewish Memorial. This old part of Lisbon has been always one of the most important in the city, and very related during the Inquisition Period, just next to the Sao Domingos Church.
The tour will continue to Commerce Square, one of the biggest in Europe, passing by the area that was affected by the big earthquake in 1755, such as Figueira Square, the Santa Justa Elevator, and the famous merchant streets (Gold and Silver – Rua Do Ouro – Rua da Prata).
We will continue the visit to Alfama, the oldest quarter of Lisbon, passing by the Lisbon Cathedral, and a visit to the Alfama Old Jewish Quarter in Alfama (Rua da Judiaria). The tour will end at Rossio Square, in central downtown.
THIS IS A PRIVATE WALKING TOUR – Includes Private Guide.
TO BOOK THIS TOUR, PLEASE CLICK “BOOK NOW” BUTTON BELOW
The Historical Lisbon Downtown Private Walking Tour + Jewish Quarter (3h), will provide you an overview of the old Lisbon History, including Jewish Highlights, along with a historical visit to Lisbon downtown and the massive earthquake that destroyed Lisbon in 1755.
Although the itinerary can be adjusted during the day, to make shorter or longer stops, this is the standard itinerary:
- Start the private tour at 9AM or 2PM from Lisbon Downtown (Rossio Square).
- Rossio, the most famous square of Lisbon, known for the old/former Palacio Estaus and the Portuguese Inquisition Palace (Today, National Theathre D. Maria II), destroyed by the Earthquake.
- Arrive at the Jewish Memorial, remembering those who lost their lifes on the Lisbon Pogrom of 1506, the big Jewish Massacre of Lisbon.
- Learn from our experienced guide the history behind the establishment of the Jewish communities in Portugal, the escape from Spain and arrival of thousand of Jewish people in Portugal during the 14th and 15th hundreds, and the settlement of the Portuguese Inquisition during the 16th Century.
- Nearby Rossio, we have also the Restauradores Square, famous for the independence from the Spanish rule in 1640.
- Visit the Sao Domingos Church close to the Jewish Memorial.
- Pass by Praça da Figueira, the place of the old Lisbon Market with amazing views over the Sao Jorge Castle of Lisbon.
- Continue to Praça do Comercio, passing by Rua Augusta and Santa Justa Elevator.
- Praça do Comercio, famous for the Old Royal Palace of Lisbon (Paço da Ribeira).
- Admire the views overlooking the River Tejo.
- Continue the walk to Alfama, the old quarter of Lisbon.
- Arrive at the Alfama Jewish Quarter (Rua da Judiaria), and check the impact of the big earthquake on this part of the city
- Pass by the Lisbon Cathedral, founded in 1150
- Return to Rossio and finish tour.
- The itinerary will have an approx length of 3km (1.8mi).
During the day we will pass by different attractions and stop for pictures.
* Times on each stop may vary, depending on group pace and preferences, since all our tours are private.
* Admission fees and lunch/meals are not included.
icon-checkmark English Speaking Tour Guide
icon-checkmark Private Tour Service (No Other Guests)
icon-checkmark Best Highlights of Jewish Lisbon
icon-checkmark Full Insurance mandatory by law
icon-close Transportation (can be added additionally on request)
icon-close Admission Fees for Attractions
icon-close Meals / Personal Expenses
- Private Tour REGULAR Price: 475EUR Per Group (up to 6 Guests)
- Meeting Point will be at Rossio Square at 9AM or 2PM, in front of the statue of King Pedro IV – Reservation is required for any tour to operate on demand.
- Transportation to the meeting point should be arranged by the customer.
- Transportation can be added additionally, on request
- Flexible start and end time for cruise ship passengers, please advise before booking.
This tour includes a dedicated Private Guide to assist you during the day.
Our private guide will be your Ambassador/Host during the day, and English Fluent.
The guide will assist you during the day, providing all explanations, helping to choose restaurants for lunch, and other important tips, etc
This tour DOES NOT include Private Transportation,
We can provide transportation, at extra cost, on request.
Worry-Free Cancellation Policy
* We have a flexible worry-free cancellation policy for your comfort – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE:
– We know plans can change and we accept changes to the original booking for another day, if we have availability, without any extra charge.
– In case the trip needs to be canceled/postponed/rescheduled, the customer will be able to use the FULL amount paid, which will be available as:
1) Full Refund, back into the same card used to book the tour;
2) Full amounts paid, to be used as a future credit, to be used within 10 years’ time with our company, for any tours booked.
For any refund requests, please email customer service at email@example.com
* Cancellations are available up to 7 days prior to the tour starting.
* Cancellation less than 7 days before tour date: no refund
* No show: no restitution / payment in full
* Tickets for Events or Attractions are non-refundable
* Airport transfers, Limousine tours, or Helicopter Tours are non-refundable after booking.
* Hotel reservations are fully refundable according to hotel policies.
* Cruise ship tours are 100% refundable anytime if for any reason cruise ship doesn’t dock in Lisbon.
* In case you are unable to travel for medical reasons, last-minute flight cancellations, delays, all amounts are refundable at any moment.
Contact our Travel Experts
Tour Language: This tour is available everyday in English. Other languages only per request (French or Spanish.
* This is a private tour and prepared exclusively for you. No more guests will join you during the day.
for the mentioned duration, if you have shorter time, we can fit it to your needs
* This tour is prepared for the mentioned duration, if you have shorter time, we can fit it to your needs
* This tour does not include transportation. We can add transportation at additional cost, on request.
* We advise to book this tour in advance. For last minute bookings please call +351.30.880.4698
* Check in is recommended at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
* Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice
Lisbon City Jewish Half-Day Private Tour (3h)
Rated 5/5 based on 177 reviews