Sintra Day Trip From Cascais
The Best Tour To Explore Medieval Sintra
Royal Pena National Palace Tour (Sintra)
Full-Day (8h approx) – With Private Guide
Private Tour Price: 275EUR P.P.
(Group Discounts Available from 15% to 30%)
This tour can start from Lisbon, Sintra or Cascais
With Private Driver/Guide and Transportation
Starting Time: 8h00AM (Reservation Required in Advance)
Duration Flexible up to 8h
Featured on Tripadvisor, Lisbon Guide
Booked 129 times
Only short distance from Cascais, around 20 min driving, this is one of the best tours to explore the amazing landscape of Sintra, and learn why Sintra has been always considered one of the most beautiful, magical and romantic places in Europe. Named Unesco World Heritage since 1995, it’s currently the most popular village in Portugal, for customers visiting Lisbon.
On this tour, you will have a chance to see some of the best attractions, starting with a visit to the romantic Royal Pena National Palace, considered in 2015 by EBD the Most Beautiful Castle in Europe, built on the ruins of an old 16th century monastery, with breathtaking views overlooking the Moorish Castle and the Natural Park. The tour will continue with a visit to the old medieval village, including free time and stop for lunch (not included).
After lunch, the private tour will continue with a visit to the most quiet and non-touristy are of Sintra, the west part of the village, where we will have a chance to visit The Cork Convent of Capuchos, one of the most beautiful Convents of Portugal, nestled in the middle of the nature, built 500 years ago for the Capuchin monks/friars. The last stop will be done at Cabo da Roca, Europe’s Westernmost Point on the coastal cliffs of Sintra, passing on the way around several other beautiful and outstanding palaces and old, historical mansions of Sintra.
THIS IS A PRIVATE TOUR – Includes Transportation and Private Guide.
TO BOOK THIS TOUR, PLEASE CLICK “BOOK NOW” BUTTON ABOVE
The Sintra Day Trip From Cascais will show you some of most important places of Sintra, former summer Royal Residence of the Portuguese Kings, famous for it’s old castles, historical mansions and royal palaces, named Unesco World Heritage since 1995, along with a stop to the Westernmost Point of Europe, Cabo da Roca. Although the itinerary can be adjusted during the day, this is the suggested itinerary:
- Departure available from your hotel between 8h30AM and 8h45AM.
- Arrive at Sintra around 9h00m and pass by the old village while heading up the hill to the Pena National Palace, the most visited palace in Portugal – considered in 2015 by EBD the most beautiful castle of Europe
- Visit inside Pena National Palace, former summer Royal Residence of the Portuguese Kings and Queens (1h45m), with magnificent overlooking views towards the Moorish Castle and the countryside – difficulty level: medium (with steps)
- Free time to explore the old medieval village of Sintra (45m)
- Stop for Lunch nearby the village (1h – meal not included)
- Visit Regaleira Palace and Gardens, or instead, head to the West part of Sintra, and visit inside the Capuchos Cork Convent, built 500 years ago in the middle of the nature (1h) – difficulty level: medium (with stairs)
- Drive towards the coast and visit the Westernmost Point of Europe, Cabo da Roca, on the coast of Sintra.
- Last stop will be the visit to the Westernmost Point of Europe, Cabo da Roca, one of the most important sights of Europe, and finish the tour (20min), before returning for drop-off
(during the day we will pass by different attractions and stop for pictures at several viewpoints and sights in Sintra
* Importante Notice: Between April and September 2018, the visit to Pena National Palace may take longer than usual, specially if starting the tour later. On this case, the visit might be a self-guided visit inside.
* Times on each stop may vary, depending on group pace and preferences, since all our tours are private.
* Admission fees and lunch/meals are not included.
* if you wish to visit inside several major attractions in Sintra, we recommend booking two separate days
icon-checkmark Mercedes-Benz Executive Vehicle
icon-checkmark Pickup/Drop-off at your hotel in Lisbon
icon-checkmark English Speaking Private Guide
icon-checkmark Top Rated Tour
icon-checkmark Tolls, Fuel and Parking costs
icon-checkmark Full Insurance mandatory by law
icon-checkmark Free Cancellation
icon-close Admission Fees for Attractions
icon-close Meals / Personal Expenses
Base Price: 275EUR Per Person (Group/Family Discounts Available up to 30%)
1 guest: 550EUR*
2 guests: 275EUR Per Person
3 guests: 233EUR Per Person (15% DISCOUNT)
4 guests: 220EUR Per Person (20% DISCOUNT)
5 guests: 206EUR Per Person (25% DISCOUNT)
+5 guests: 192EUR Per Person (30% DISCOUNT)
* One guest pays equivalent of two guests traveling
- Pick-up and drop-off can be provided at any Cascais Hotel, added during your booking (35E).
- Pick-up time is scheduled for 8h30AM, although this can be changed per request if possible.
- Pick-up and drop-off can be provided at any Cascais. This can be added during your booking (35E)
- Drop-off is scheduled between around 5PM, although it can be changed if you need to get back earlier – please advise before booking.
This tour includes a dedicated Private Guide to assist you during the day.
Our private guide will be your Ambassador/Host during the day, and English Fluent.
The guide will assist you during the day, providing all explanations, helping to choose restaurants for lunch, and other important tips, etc
This tour includes Private Transportation, exclusively for you.
We work with a recent fleet of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, that are operating every day for your comfort. In case of need, we have other vehicles or different brands/models, including larger vehicles on request for larger families.
Worry-Free Cancellation Policy
* We have a flexible worry-free cancellation policy for your comfort – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE:
– We know plans can change and we accept changes to the original booking for another day, if we have availability, without any extra charge.
– In case the trip needs to be canceled/postponed/rescheduled, the customer will be able to use the FULL amount paid, which will be available as:
1) Full Refund, back into the same card used to book the tour;
2) Full amounts paid, to be used as a future credit, to be used within 10 years’ time with our company, for any tours booked.
For any refund requests, please email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellations are available up to 7 days prior to the tour starting.
* Cancellation less than 7 days before tour date: no refund
* No show: no restitution / payment in full
* Tickets for Events or Attractions are non-refundable
* Airport transfers, Limousine tours, or Helicopter Tours are non-refundable after booking.
* Hotel reservations are fully refundable according to hotel policies.
* Cruise ship tours are 100% refundable anytime if for any reason cruise ship doesn’t dock in Lisbon.
* In case you are unable to travel for medical reasons, last-minute flight cancellations, delays, all amounts are refundable at any moment.
Contact our Travel Experts
Tour Language: This tour is available everyday in English. Other languages only per request (French) or Spanish.
* This is a private tour and prepared exclusively for you. No more guests will join you during the day.
for the mentioned duration, if you have shorter time, we can fit it to your needs
* This tour is prepared for the mentioned duration, if you have shorter time, we can fit it to your needs
* Most of our tours are done using mercedes-benz small minivans for your comfort (more leg room). For larger families, we have larger vehicles operating on request. Vehicle type, size, brand or color can never be guaranteed on our regular tours.
* Price for one of two adults is the same, as our operates with minimum two guests.
* Pick-up and drop-off in Lisbon, Sintra or Cascais is complimentary (Hotel, AirBnB, Airport, Cruise Terminal) / For Pick-up and drop-off at other locations please inquire, for specific quotation.
* We advise to book this tour in advance. For last minute bookings please call +351.30.880.4698
* Check in is recommended at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
* Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice
Our private guide will be your Ambassador/Host during the day. Gastronomy is a very important aspect of our culture and part of our heritage and DNA.
Your guide will provide several recommendations along the day, where to sample the best food, and the best places to have lunch, according to your preferences.
Lunch/Meals are not included, and paid directly on the day.
Sintra Day Trip From Cascais
Rated 5/5 based on 291 reviews